Sector of paleofloristics
Head of sector: PhD (Earth Sciences) Bayramova Shafaq Shamsaddin gizi.
Staff is 7, including 1PhD
Phone: (994 12) 497 58 51
E-mail: [email protected]
The main directions of research:
- Study of different groups of flora (spores and pollen, dinoflagellates, nanoplankton);
- Dissection and correlation of sections and biostratigraphic zonation;
- Reconstruction of the vegetation cover, paleoclimatic and paleoecological conditions;
- Palynological studies of the crude oils and the type definition of dispersed organic matter and the degree of its catagenetic transformation in rocks;
- Compilation of database and atlases of plant remains of the Meso-Cenozoic deposits of Azerbaijan.
The priority direction of researches of the Sector is the definition of the stratigraphic age of marine and continental deposits, the detection of the chronos- tratigraphic sequence of paleogeographic events on the base of the study of morphology, evolution of phylogeny of remains of fossil flora of the Meso-Cenozoic deposits of Azerbaijan.
The Sectors employees have been studied: spore-pollen complexes, biostratigraphy and paleogeography of the Maikop deposits (Oligocene-Lower Miocene) of Azerbaijan, Cretaceous deposits of the Lesser Caucasus, Holocene deposits of the Garabagh plain.