Department of geoecology
Head of department Dr. Mammadov Vagif Aga Ali oglu
Tel.: +(99412) 5100141
Fax: +(99412) 5372285
E-mail: [email protected]
The department was formed in 2013.
Main research areas:
- systematic study and modeling of natural and anthropogenic factors influence on the changes complex in space and time, occuring in the Earth crust in the territory of Republic;
- research and development of geo-ecological processes forecasts during prospecting and exploitation of ore and other minerals;
- classification, mapping and development of geo-ecological processes cadastre;
- development of measures according to reduction and liquidation of geoenvironmental problems:
- at present the research is conducting on evaluation of hydrobiochemical peculiarities of large lakes in Republic according to Science Development Fund Grant under the President of Azerbaijan Republic.
The research work "Geoecological evaluation of the radiogeochemical state of river basins of the Azerbaijan Republic" is carried out in department. A team of specialists take part in this research as well, they are from Geograhpy Institute by G.A.Aliyev and Institute of Radiation problems of ANAS.