THE NEXT MEETING OF THE SCIENTIFIC COUNCIL WAS HELD
April 29, 2022
The next meeting of the Scientific Council of the ANAS Institute of Geology and Geophysics (IGG) was held. IGG General Director, academician Akif Alizadeh opened the meeting and spoke about the virtues of the holy month of Ramazan.
Then the academician introduced the agenda of the meeting and the scientific-organizational issues under consideration.
1. On the research progress:
- “Stratigraphy and paleogeography of the Miocene deposits of the southeastern Caucasus on the base of complex biostratigraphic, lithological-petrographic, biogeochemical and geophysical studies” (2019-2022) (academician Ak.A. Alizadeh, corresponding member of ANAS E.H.- M.Aliyeva, PhD in Earth Sciences Sh.Sh.Bayramova);
- “Models development of the relationship, deep and fault tectonics of the structural and compositional complexes of the Eastern Caucasus and the Caspian trough” (2020-2022) (corresponding member of ANAS T.N.Kengerli);
- Atlas “Paleontological museum of Azerbaijan” (2020-2022) (academician Ak.A. Ali-zadeh, corresponding member of ANAS E.H.-M.Aliyeva, Ph.D. T.M. Heybatov, PhD in Earth sciences Sh.Sh.Bayramova);
- “Geochemical assessment of rare and rare earth elements in the rocks of the Duruja structural-formational zone” (2020-2022) (candidate of geological-mineralogical sciences R.B. Kerimov).
2. On the suspension of the research implementation - “Scientific assessment of the prospects of structural and compositional complexes of the northeastern slope of the Lesser Caucasus and Talysh of different types of strategic raw materials (rare earth elements, titanium-magnetic sands) in order to use them in the defense industry” (2021–2022) (corresponding member of ANAS T.N.Kengerli).
3. On the inclusion of the research program in the thematic plan:
- On: “Physical-mathematical models of the thermal field of Azerbaijan” (2022–2026) (Doctor of geological-mineralogical sciences A.Sh. Mukhtarov);
- Research work: “Physical-mathematical models of the thermal field of the southeastern end of the Greater Caucasus” (2022–2024) (Doctor of geological-mineralogical sciences A.Sh. Mukhtarov).
4. On the secondment of the leading researcher of the department “Modern geodynamics and space geodesy”, Ph.D. in Earth sciences R.T. Safarov at the University of Montpellier (France).